Argentina, Buenos Aires South Mission

Monday, December 10, 2012

12-10-12


HEy family!!!!

So this week was a pretty chill week. It was extremely hot on monday through wednesday, then thursday it just POURED. The rain was litterally like 5 inches in all the streets. So we got a little wet that day. And of course it was the day that we didn`t have any appointments :) But it was fun to play in the rain a little bit. That is so crazy about Jade! I`m so happy for her. You should invite her over again for the christmas call, that is if she wants to. We`re trying to figure it all out, we should know for next week how it is all going to go, and when and stuff. I`m thinking about doing it tuesday the 25th about 10 or 11 for us, so like first thing for us. That would be like 7 or 8 for you guys. But we don`t know our Christmas schedule here yet and when we are working and stuff, so when I know, I will let you know :) I am excited to see you guys and chat a lil bit. If you can`t get it figured out, Coco and Nick will be there with you guys right? And then I can just call tiff apart from you guys after or something. Because the last time when you called her and then put it in front of the screen, I couldn`t see or hear anything lol. I`m thinking that we`ll just go to a cyber cafe to call you guys, so we can do it at the same time, and not have to bug the members here. But we`ll see. I don`t know if many cyber cafe`s here have webcams.
That`s too bad you`re sick dad! I hope all is getting better. Get eem a priesthood blessing :) I don`t know if I`ll be able to give preisthood blessings in english! I was thinking about that the other day about teaching and giving talks and stuff in english is going to be really weird and hard.
So last night, we had a party in the pench lol. We made tacos, and a really yummy cake. It was a good sunday :) On tuesday as well we did an FHE with an amazing family and their friends. I made tacos for them, and they LOVED them lol. WE made a ton too, so they were eating tacos all week last week :) I love cooking! More than cooking, I love cooking for other people :) Too bad I`m not rich enough to cook always for everyone else. It was an elders birthday too, an elder in my district, so I made everyone french toast, with dulce de leche on top with bananas. MMMMMM. It was delightful.
Wedneday was ¨milagro miercoles¨ we haven`t had like any work for us to do except touching doors, but on wednesday we got a reference for a person who has already received all the lessons, she just lacks the actual baptism, and we found two more people that day and they both said they`d get married. We were actually looking for her husband, he`s a member, but we couldn`t find his house because the addresses here in Argentina are soooo screwed up. So we were just wandering around looking for it, and a woman yells hey! Are you the mormons? And I look at her house number, and it is the house we were looking for. It turns out that she is the wife of the member we were looking for, but he died like 9 months ago. But she said that yeah she would get baptized and loved the change the church made on her husband. So that was a good day :) We`ll see if the luck keeps going with them.
Marcela (the mom in the family that we made tacos for on tuesday), is going to get baptized on saturday. That family is amazing. They are so humble, and they just love the elders.
NEWS! So I asked the office elders if we have to pay for my plane ticket home if you guys come and pick me up, they said no; that the church will pay for it. Just so you guys know. I don`t know if you guys want to come in the middle of the winter, or wait until spring and be able to enjoy everything. I would prefer to wait until spring to be released, and then we would be able to go to the beach and stuff. But it`s totally up to you guys. But if you want to come pick me up, I have to know like now to let the church offices know to when to buy my plane ticket. And you guys would have to organize the hotel and everything. It`s totally up to you guys, whatever is best for you, but I would prefer to wait.
I loved the christmas picture :) You guys are looking good! Well I hope all is well, and I`ll talk to you later :)

Chao!

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment