Argentina, Buenos Aires South Mission

Monday, November 26, 2012

11-26-12


Hey family!

Yeah things are going really well. The area is... a lot different than Glew. Not that it`s bad, it`s just harder. The houses are huge, and with like cobble rock roads and tons of palm trees and stuff. It`s a beautiful area, but hard to preach the gospel. No body even leaves the houses when we go tracting. They all have doorbells with speakers and stuff, they just tell us no through the speakers lol. It`s a lot different than the dirt roads and houses made of tin in Glew :) But that`s okay, new challenges bring new experiences. My comp is farely new so he still is trying to get used to the area as well. We took a bus trying to get to a different part of our area and we got lost and ended up two cities away :) lol. That was a long morning... The area is huge, and we have like 4 different train stations, and three different train lines. But I like it. As we speak we are in a HUGE mall with like movie theaters and stuff. Tempting... I want to go see the Hobbit. But we are doing well :)
We were supposed to have President Arnold do a mission tour with us this week, but he had an emergency meeting in SLC so he can`t make it. We are having an area seventy do it now, but we have meetings all week with that.
I did get my packages, last tuesday. THANKS!!!! I loved it all. And my comp was needing his shoes. He called me yesterday and had to go to the emergency in the middle of the night becaus he had a kidney stone. Lucky him right?

When I first got to the mission, one of my fillings in my teeth started to bother me, but then it went away; now it is hurting really bad. I might need to make an appointment with a dentist, we`ll see. Luckily I know a really good dentist farely close. He was in my ward in La Plata, he is the first councilor in the stake presidency.
The new cell phones do look pretty awesome. And the ones I see are the ones in Argentina, which are like 10 years behind us in the states. I can`t imagine the new ones in the states!
Coco and cici do look so much like each other! It`s nuts.
So, we have some new mission news. Because of the new wave of missionaries, they are cutting the time in the MTC for spanish speaking elders. The new time for them is only four weeks! Sheesh I was in there for 9 and a half weeks! But that means that they have to change the transfer dates for us to be able to receive all the new ones. AKA transfers will be every 4 weeks instead of 6. And after march, all the elders that are leaving to their houses are supposedly leaving two weeks earlier to make up for the difference. So, according to the office elders, my new date for coming home isn`t the 29 of july, it`s the 15. Crazy right? We are not 100% positive what`s going to happen, but yeah.
Well, All is well here in Adrogue. I`m happy, and we are working hard dad, don`t worry. Can`t wait to hear from ya!

Love ya

Elder GARdner

No comments:

Post a Comment