Argentina, Buenos Aires South Mission

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

6-4-12


Hey padres,



Things are going well! I feel a ton better! I got a migrain saturday so that wasn`t fun... and I think I broke out in hives or something. Or they`re just fleas, I don`t really know. I showed them to a doctor and he wasn`t too worried so I`m not worried either :) But I feel fine, just itchy.

Yupp the baptism happenedon saturday, it went smoothly and great. They`re a great family. The grandma is almost all the way blind, so it`s hard to get them to church because they have to walk. So we either beg members to go pick them up, or the ask family members to walk them there. Butthey are awesome. The grandma got baptised several months ago, but we baptised one of the grandkids and we have a couple more to work with.

Salta is a mission here in Argentina, right now they are one of the best missions, number wise, in Argentina. We are receiving 14 new missionaries from the US tomorrow, so I don`t think pres is going to close any areas. I stayed in my area, and stayed with my comp. We`re both happy and going to work hard this transfer.

Tell Jake hi, and I hope he is doing all right! and Happy birthday.

The sisters sent me a funfetti cake in their package, and elder MArtindale baked it for me. It was sooooooooooo good. We downed that thing in like 10 seconds.

It is freezing cold today! WOOT! Lol. I like the cold. It`s cold... but I like it. I have my nice big coat and that`s enough. my legs are a lil chilly, but it`s cool.

Right now the work is kind of slow in our area, we don`t have like any progressing investigators, so that`s what we are focusing on is just finding people that are ready. It`s easy to find people, and most people will say okay if we want to return, but it`s just them progressing that is the problem. Them praying, reading, and coming tochurhc. But that`s why we`re here! To help people understand the need and the importance of progressing.

I ate peruvian food today. Arroz chaufa with salsa de ajì and waukakai. MMMMM. It`s basically fried rice with beef and chicken instead of ham, and with a reallllly yummy spicy sauce.

OH! I forgot to tell you last week! So every 25 of may Argentines eat locro... which is a giant soup with like whatever cooked inside. So I had my first locro... cooked with mundungo, and patitas. Which is cow stomach, and pigs feet. That was fun! I had no problems eating it. It was actually kinda tastey. It was just the texture that was weird. But I had noproblems eating it,unlike the cow tongue. But my eating habbits are totally different now... I just eat the food that is in front of me.

Well I just sent another email with photos, I hope you enjoy!



Love ya!



Elder Gardner


No comments:

Post a Comment