Argentina, Buenos Aires South Mission

Monday, June 3, 2013

6-3-13


HEy family!!!!

Along with the fresh fruits and veggies, I want some steak... a good steak! And mexican food. PLEASE!"!!! haha. So ready for the news??? I got my new companion today! His name is elder Herrera, and is from Mexico City. He is awesome, and has 5 months in the mission. He is a newbie. I didn`t `know him before, but he seems like a cool kid. He will be my last comp! 

Send Jake birthday wishes for me. 

I`m glad you had a fun time on my birthday :) We spent it doing the best thing in the world; preaching the gospel :) That evening we received terrible news, that the one member who helped us so much, and worked with us every day, had passed away. He was the one the got shot like a year ago and he only had one lung. Well he had used to much strength, and he just fell dead. It has been really hard on the whole ward, he was one of the best people in the ward. For us it was weird too because he literally worked with us every single day, and helped us find so many investigators. But luckily we believe in the plan of salvation and everything, and we know what he is doing and where. But it was a crazy weekend. Today is his viewing, and tomorrow is the funeral. His mom isn`t a member, but she asked me to bless his grave tomorrow at his funeral. 

Today at trasnfer meeting, 28 missionaries went home! two more including president and the hermana stapley! so 30 this transfer, and 20 next trasnfer. So 50 people in 3 months! That`s 1/4 of the mission. And in the states there are 50 people waiting for visas... so yeah. The mission is really lacking people. 

My new comp is cool, I`m excited to start working with him today. He seems really chill, and willing to work. 

Not too much to tell you! This week was really layed back with all the stuff that happened. I love you guys a lot, and am excited to seey ou guys soon. 

 

Love ya


No comments:

Post a Comment