Argentina, Buenos Aires South Mission

Monday, February 18, 2013

2-18-13


Hey family!

So things are going super well. This last week was an extreme amount of walking and clapping houses, but we´re sure that things will pick up soon as long as we stay diligent and obedient.

Let´s see... this week I ate tongue again, and it was really good :) They made it the same way and everything, and I loved it this time. lol. It has a ton of flavor, and is super soft and falls apart easily.

We also have been doing a lot of service this week because we haven´t had too many lessons. So for example we resealed a roof of a member so it won´t leak anymore, and we cut down a tree of a lady we met in the streets like 4 months ago. When I first got here we just clapped her house and she was super nice so every time we pass by I just stop to say hi, and last week she explained to us that she is having a lot of problems and her husband doesn´t have a job, and then she said that her tree had fallen down in her backyard and didn´t know what she was going to do because she couldn´t afford to pay someone to cut it up. So we offered to do it for her and of course she accepted. It was fun. I have cut lots of trees down here with machetes, but never with like a huge ax like that. lol. Needless to say, I was very sore the next day. But now I know how to use an ax!

______ and her family gave me a suit! Their son _____ had a suit that they bought, and he never used. And they were thinking about giving it away to someone in the ward and they kept thinking that it had to be someone tall and skinny. Then they all just turned and looked at me. haha. I took it home, and it fit perfectly! So now I don´t look like a homeless man when I go to church with a suit that is probably 4 times as big as it should. It´s a cool color too, like a greenish tan color. Kind of like the mazda?? But yeah, I´m excited. I am still trying to send you pictures.. but the computers here are terrible and don´t work at all... sorry. I am trying!

Well I am glad things are going well! I love you guys, and can´t wait to hear from you next week!

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment