Argentina, Buenos Aires South Mission

Monday, March 12, 2012

3-12-12

Hey fam!

Was up.  The showers are nice :) we have water again. But... no hot water heater. So cold showers! Lol. I could really go for a warm shower. maybe next week :)
It`s still summer here. Fall comes about the end of march. Today it`s really rainy again. Cecilly is going to Honduras! Not too far from me, just a hop, skip, and jump across brazil, columbia, and panama. :)
The trailer sounds fun. I`m anxious to see it and start making plans in 17 months. Almost going ot be 16 soon! So weird. My comp will hit a year in a week. He`s freaking out. We didn`t get transferred, so we`ll be together for another 6 weeks. I`m happy. Actually, only one person in our whole zone got transferred. That`s weird, usually it`s a lot more than just one. But our zone is doing well. We have the most investigators with baptismal dates as a zone, we`re working hard. Ther is more work to do, but we`re working hard. I do plan to take the language exam when I get back. I`ve been thinking about majoring in Spanish maybe, especially if I do medical school. Spanish would be really useful working in the U.S.

Funny story. So today, early this morning, because neither of us are getting transferred we had to go to the hospital for my comps appointment for his eyes. And we had to travel for like 1.5 hours on the train and half way through, the whole sky was just BLACK! And it started raining and storming soooo bad. It was fun :) But it flooded all the streets in the city that we had to go to, like they shut down all the streets and stuff because there was too much water. Sometimes when it`s like that, the water makes the lighter cars float and it sends them down like a river. lol. But all the streets around the train station were flooded, but we had to get to the hospital because we traveled so long! So, we just took off our shoes, and waded through the 1.5 feet deep river bare foot :) crazy huh? Lol. It was sooo funny. we were just like uh... okay! Shoes off! lol.

We had another baptism yesterday. He gets to be confirmed next sunday. We have one more investigator that wants to get baptized, so we`ll see if we can help her.  We need to find some more investigators. So, clapping houses! Did I ever tell you that you don`t knock doors here? Nope. All the houses have like 5-6 foot metal gates around the houses. So you just stand on the side walk and clap your hands instead of knock. It was so weird at first but I`m used to it now. It seems weird to knock now.

I made what Nick calls Jesus bread today :) That`s the type of bread they eat here, and a lot of peopel cook them on open fires outside in clay ovens. It`s soooo yummy. We haven`t gotten any for a while, so I really wanted some and asked a member for the recipe. IT doesn`t really have any flavor... :) I`ll try again next week. But I`m satisfied with it being my first time.

I got a little sick yesterday. Right after the baptism.  I`m thinking it was something I ate the daybefore. but who knows. IT could be the water too. Some recent converts gave me some lemon juice. That helped relax my stomach. And then right after I filled it with dulce de leche cake and tacos. lol. I didn`t give it a break, but when I get offered food, I`m not going to turn it down!! I`ll look for the package. Somehting I was told was when you send food, just say like snacks or something. Especially if you send jerky, applesauce, or any kind of sauce. They will either charge a fortune for me to pick it up, steal it, or not give it to me. So just put like snacks, candy, or something. Just a heads up, one thing you keep sending that I don`t really want is crystal light. I appreciate the thought, but all I drink here is juice and soda lol. So when you send it to me, I`ve just been giving it to members. They love it though! lol. American juice :)
Hmmm I think that is just about all the news for this week. We did service on saturday. Our whole elders quorum was suposed to come, but no one showed. So, elder Reynolds and I digged up, chopped roots, and pulled out a tree by ourselves. It took like three hours. We were sooo tired, but the job got done :) I miss outisde work on saturday mornings. Be thankful for lawn mowers too. A lot of the time, they chop grass with machetes.

Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment